Well, it’s been a while since I have done a wrap up post. Since January to be exact. I thought it was about time to do another. I might even follow up with a book haul soon 😛 The last few months have had their ups and downs, but I think on the whole they’ve been pretty good. I’ve been blogging consistently (mostly) and I’ve had my pal Sarah join me here as an occasional contributor! And while all that has been pretty great, I’m expecting the next few months to be even better 🙂 Yay summer!
Okay, so, over the last three months I’ve read a lot of books! I can see why doing wrap up posts monthly is probably better advised 😛 This time, I think I’m going to keep it short!
In February I read…
- The Rose Society (Young Elites #2) by Marie Lu: I listened to this one on audio and I loved it. I especially loved the narrators!
- American Panda by Gloria Chao: This is sweetest and cutest book I’ve read in a while!
- The Last to Let Go by Amber Smith: This book was intense with great characters. I liked The Way I Used to Be a bit more but it was still really good!
- Take Me With You by Andrea Gibson: A great collection of poetry by a non-binary poet and LGBTQ activist!
- The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory: This book. It got me on a romance kick and I LOVE IT.
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover: We all know I love queen CoHo. Ugly Love was no exception.
In March I read…
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara: This was my most anticipated book of the year and it did not disappoint. It’s especially exciting with all the recent developments in the case!!
- A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals #1) by Alyssa Cole: This romance was recommended by so many Rioters that I knew I had to give it a shot. AND I LOVED IT.
- Witches, Sluts, Feminists by Kristen J. Solee: I took my time reading this short essay collection. It was a bit disjointed at times, but overall very interesting and thought-provoking. Witches FTW!
- I Have Lost My Way by Gayle Forman: Officially my new fav Forman novel.
In April I read…
- The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw: A very eerie and atmospheric read.
- The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish: I listened to this one on audio and it was a riot. Haddish narrates it herself and it’s hilarious. I don’t know that I would have read the text of this one, but the audio is definitely worthwhile!
- Asking For It by Louise O’Neill: A heartbreaking tale of assault and the rape culture we live in.
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy: This book was so cute and I can’t wait to get my hands on Puddin’ this month!
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven: I didn’t love this one as much as All the Bright Places but it was still a decent read.
- Neverwold Wake by Marisha Pessl: This one is so weird and wonderful I can’t wait til everyone can read it!
- The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware: I absolutely could not put this one day. Ruth Ware’s best yet!
- A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay: Okay so this book was a super weird love letter to the horror genre. It’s both over the top and filled with nuance. So good.
My favourite posts I wrote here for the blog the last few months:
Things I wrote for Book Riot:
The Life Stuff
Over the last few months I’ve been getting back into the groove of things after having been sick for a couple of months! I’ve been working, hanging out with friends, and, of course, reading. I don’t think I’ve really done anything particularly exciting or out of the ordinary other than START PLANNING MY TRIP TO NYC BECAUSE I’M GOING TO BOOK EXPO. AND SARAH IS COMING TO NYC TOO! If you’re going, drop us a line!
How was your reading month(s)? What have you been up to?
Beth is the founder and editor of Fuelled by Fiction. She is a twenty-something east coast Canadian girl who loves writing about books and feminism.