The end of the year is one of my favourite times to write posts. And read them. I love to look back and see all the things I did and read throughout the year. Reflecting is fun! (Usually). In another post I’ll tell you about the best books I read this year and why I liked them. Today, I want to look at my bookish year as a whole and break it down! Let’s have a look at my year in books!
63 (Check out my Goodreads challenge to see which books!)
I really liked my review of White Fur by Jardine Libaire. It was a great book and I enjoyed writing about it!
Most read post
Why People With Anxiety Make Hella Great Friends. I really liked writing this one, too, and it seems like people had a good time checking it out!
Favourite posts for Book Riot
I wrote a couple posts about libraries that I’m really passionate about! Neutrality in the Library? Don’t Give Me that Bullshit and Library Late Fines are not Helping Anyone.
Favourite Bookish Moments
- Getting to join the Book Riot team as a contributor!
- Writing Colleen Hoover on Confess, Writing, and the Future of Reading! I got to interview Colleen Hoover on Skype for Book Riot. This meant so much to me. It was the most thrilling, exciting, anxiety-inducing, but amazing experience! I had to tackle a lot of anxiety demons to get through it, but it something I’m proud of an grateful for!
- Going to a Q&A and signing with Angie Thomas, Julie Murphy, and Becky Albertalli in my own town (that never happens)! They were all sweet, smart, and I love their books.
- Traveling along the west coast of the USA and visiting amazing bookstores.
- Going to see Celeste Ng at a reading and signing for Little Fires Everywhere at Powell’s City of Books in Portland, OR! This was AMAZING!
How was your year in books?
Beth is the founder and editor of Fuelled by Fiction. She is a twenty-something east coast Canadian girl who loves writing about books and feminism.