It’s May 1st today. CRAZY. Time goes by so fast.
On FFF, at the end of the month I will be summarizing all the things that made me get my SQUEE on. So, without further ado, here’s what made me totally squee with glee in April.
Let’s start off with some squee-worthy books:
I had an exceptional reading month in April! After I got overly reading slump, I read some truly amazing books.
- A Reunion of Ghosts by Judith Claire Mitchell. This book was a surprisingly unique read. I loved the structure of it!
- Diamond Head by Cecily Wong. I just did the book tour for this one on Wednesday! I gave it an A+, and I’ve given only a few books that rating! I’m still thinking about the story.
- Ms. Marvel Vol 2: Generation Why by G Willow Wilson. I have yet to do a post about Ms Marvel but will soon! I love her so much. I was so pumped that vol 2 came out this month! It did not disappoint.
- Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead. Yes, I realize yesterday I gave a less than stellar review of the first book in the series. And I do still stand by my review of that first book. However, the story and the characters do pick up as the series goes on. I’m well into the third book, and I hardly ever marathon series! It’s just so addictive.
- Outlander. I started watching this show at the beginning of the month after having borrowed the first volume of DVDs from the library. It’s very addictive and surprisingly accurate to the book! However, it is definitely getting pretty scandi now and I’m not sure how much longer I will continue watching.
- The 100. I finished catching up on this series and oh my goodness. I love it so much. It’s so intense! I can’t wait for it to come back!
- Orphan Black. A total given. This show came back last week and I am losing my mind over it. Tatiana Mislay ftw.
- Happy Endings. I started watching this on Netflix, and I almost died laughing watching the first season. It kind of peters out in the last two seasons though.
- Honourable mention: Grey’s Anatomy. What the what though? Last week’s episode? What? Shonda, I give you 10 years of my life and this is the thanks I get? And you had to be ironic about it?
- Safety Not Guaranteed. This is a super strange movie about an intern at a magazine (Aubrey Plaza). She goes on an assignment with one of the writers (Jake Johnson) to investigate a personal ad looking for a companion in time travel. Hilarious Mark Duplass is also in this one. This movie was so weird, but so good and on so many levels. Watch it! It’s on Netflix.
Beth is the founder and editor of Fuelled by Fiction. She is a twenty-something east coast Canadian girl who loves writing about books and feminism.