The end of the year is one of my favourite times to write posts. And read them. I love to look back and see all the things I did and read throughout the year. Reflecting is fun! (Usually). In another post I’ll tell you about the best books I read this year and why I liked them. Today, I want to look at my bookish year as a whole and break it down! Let’s have a look at my year in books!
63 (Check out my Goodreads challenge to see which books!)
I really liked my review of White Fur by Jardine Libaire. It was a great book and I enjoyed writing about it!
Most read post
Why People With Anxiety Make Hella Great Friends. I really liked writing this one, too, and it seems like people had a good time checking it out!
Favourite posts for Book Riot
I wrote a couple posts about libraries that I’m really passionate about! Neutrality in the Library? Don’t Give Me that Bullshit and Library Late Fines are not Helping Anyone.
Favourite Bookish Moments
- Getting to join the Book Riot team as a contributor!
- Writing Colleen Hoover on Confess, Writing, and the Future of Reading! I got to interview Colleen Hoover on Skype for Book Riot. This meant so much to me. It was the most thrilling, exciting, anxiety-inducing, but amazing experience! I had to tackle a lot of anxiety demons to get through it, but it something I’m proud of an grateful for!
- Going to a Q&A and signing with Angie Thomas, Julie Murphy, and Becky Albertalli in my own town (that never happens)! They were all sweet, smart, and I love their books.
- Traveling along the west coast of the USA and visiting amazing bookstores.
- Going to see Celeste Ng at a reading and signing for Little Fires Everywhere at Powell’s City of Books in Portland, OR! This was AMAZING!